Talking Tree Hill is an outdoor educational facility based on gorgeous Waiheke island. We combine the wacky conscious creativity of Dr Seuss, the heart and soul of forest and bush Schools, the entrepreneurship and innovation of the Green School and the beauty of Reggio Emilia.
It’s time to re-imagine education.
More than outdoor ed
1. Parenting: Supporting parents by continually implementing new Playshops, providing transportation and subsidized programmes
2. Outdoors: Get kids outdoors, learning to be in it and respect it
3. DIY: Instilling & nourishing creativity, innovation, and imagination
4. Mindfulness: Teaching how to quiet the mind.
5. Food: Make sure kids are eating a rainbow.
We believe in advancing the holistic wellbeing of our children and their planet - locally, nationally, and globally. By promoting education that fosters the best relationship with themselves, others, and their planet, we collectively support children to develop and strengthen their knowledge and skills to self-orient in the world and to be Kaitiaki of their planet.
Playshops. Your Child's Classroom Reimagined.
Over the past 3 1/2 years we have created an 18 acre outdoor educational facility where children partake in one day schools, after school programmes, and holiday programmes. We call these unique experiences Playshops. Playshops let kids and the planet grow. We challenge children to be them. To ‘sit in their element’… creating, innovating, moving, laughing and loving. It’s the work of kids!
Talking Tree Hill at Home.
We've built 6 full days of fun activities that your kiddos can do at home that will infuse some of the Talking Tree Hill spirit into your home life!